I spent most of last night on an author's message board, discussing Prop 8. This author has written books I absolutely love, but over time she has gotten more vulgar and pushed agendas that I don't agree with. I don't read her anymore. But since I have friends who frequent her message board, I've stopped in there on occasion.
Her son is gay and she is very much opposed to Prop 8. When she posted a plea for people to vote no on Prop 8, I respectfully shared why I was voting YES. It turned into a HUGE thread and surprisingly, it remained very civil. There were only a few mean posts. I ignored them, as my goal was only to express the other side, which I think I managed to do adequately.
I have been actively involved in promoting Prop 8. But that doesn't mean I don't feel troubled about those who think I hate them or don't care about what they want. It is extremely distressing when people assume you feel a certain way. Especially if that "certain way" is negative.
I know God loves ALL His children. And I know He grieves for those that are hurting because of Prop 8. But He will not change His law to appease man.
In Corinthians 11:3, 8-12, we read: "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God...... For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels. Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God."
I think this scripture is often misinterpreted. But when we spend the time to really think and pray about it, we understand that everyone has their place in the family. And that's what Prop 8 is all about - establishing members of the family.
Vote YES on Prop 8!!!
For more info on Prop 8, please visit my other blog - Protecting Freedoms, Protecting Families.
my blog title explained:
It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Looking Over the Fence at Prop 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Great post.
Well spoken.
This is a very important issue.
-Della
If you are so inclined and have the time to spend, another great blog that has been arguing this topic is welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com
(It is also under the link of "The Soap Box" from my blog).
It is one of my favorite blogs to read and this topic has gotten especially hot over there.
-Della
Nicely said...
Post a Comment