my blog title explained:

It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Caught in the crossfire

Jessica found an old journal that we had started to keep and never finished. It was intended to hold all the stories of note about Wyatt.

Wyatt was two and a half. The first entry was this:

A couple weeks ago, Wyatt was throwing toys at Jessica in the playroom. I asked him not to throw things at Jessica anymore. He said he wouldn't. Then, a minute later, he was throwing things at Jessica again. I said, "Wyatt, I said not to throw things at Jessica anymore." He said, "I know. She's caught in the crossfire."

I just don't know where he gets it!

2 comments:

Alison Hall said...

Ethan in a few years, I'm sure!

Annie said...

My mom has this journal from 1981-1983 when she had three kids under 4 years old, and the memories are so dear and funny to me. She would write the everyday things that we did. One entry was when she was asking us what we wanted to be for Halloween and my sister said "the holy ghost".