my blog title explained:

It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

DAYTONA 5220

There was this guy I was dating. He was a Florida Gator. In 1996, Florida played Florida State in the Sugar Bowl. This guy asked me over to his house to watch the game. His roommate had a parrot. I didn't know this when I agreed to go over and watch the game, but the bird hated women.

So we're watching the game and all of a sudden I was being attacked by a parrot. It was one of those horror date stories. Finally, they caged the bird for the rest of the game, but she still kept yelling at me.

Florida won, 52 to 20. And I eventually married the guy.

Then DAYTONA 5220 commented on my blog. I knew who it was, but even after 11 years of marriage, I couldn't figure out where the name DAYTONA 5220 came from until the explanation today. Still not sure about the DAYTONA part, but at least I got the 5220. LOL!

What I can't figure out is why he thought I would be able to figure out 5220 without help. Who the heck remembers a football score from 12 years ago????

2 comments:

Gosfam said...

That is hilarious!! and I can't imagine Matt with a parrot :) Speaking of pets, did you guys ever get a dog?

Annie said...

I love it! You guys are so funny!