
I found this really cute Halloween decoration that has this quote on it. I just had to get it. I don't think I'm being particularly witchy today, but I still thought it suited me well. And then, when I was coming in my front door, I noticed my "Qwicked Ween, I mean, Wicked Queen" house key.
So - the story behind the key: We finally replaced our broken front door and I needed to get duplicate keys made. Since we installed the door ourselves, the lock is particularly tight. (You can't ask for perfection when you're doing the work yourself and you've never done it before. Although, I'm not sure we'd do better if we did it again.)
Anyway, I went to have duplicate keys made at the Postal Annex, or whatever you call it. And they had all these really cute keys. Some of them were really big keys and I thought they'd be easier to turn in the tight lock, so I picked out a few. I got one for my husband - the Grumpy key, and one for myself - the Qwicked Ween. When I gave my husband his key, he didn't think it was funny. In fact, he got all grumpy about it until I said, "Let me show you MY key." Once I did, he was less annoyed with his key.
But since the whole new key experience, I have noted on several occasions how appropriate each of our keys is. And I guess, if the broom fits, fly it!
DISCLAIMER: If you haven't seen Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, then you won't get this blog post. :)
my blog title explained:
It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
"If the broom fits, fly it!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Very funny, Tracy! I think I need one of those keys! I won't tell my husband that your husband has a grumpy key in his pocket. He'll never hear the end of it from the Elders Quorem.
Post a Comment