my blog title explained:

It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Monday, September 29, 2008

What color are brains?

When my 4 yr. old asked me what color brains were, I was a little puzzled. If I didn't know her, I'd probably be concerned. But such are the workings of her brain, so this wasn't really that much of a surprise.

Here is the result of her question:



The way she described it, it's a duck with his brains hanging out and his eyeball popping out.

I didn't see it until Matt asked me, "Did you see what Savannah drew for me?" I hadn't, so he showed me. When he asked her why she drew that picture for him, she told him she wanted to scare him.

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get my own explanation, so I asked her as well. She told me, "I wanted to give Daddy nightmares."

Now, Matt and I have thought for a long time that she's going to be a crazy artist like van Gogh. We really hope she doesn't cut off her ear. She once colored a picture that looked almost exactly like The Scream. When we asked her about that one, she said, "That person is surprised."

Who knows what the future will bring... just, PLEASE let her keep her ears!!!

P.S. I don't think brains are pink. This was my actual answer: "Well, I think they might be lots of different colors. No, they're probably gray." And she replied: "No. They're pink." O-kay.

2 comments:

Alison Hall said...

OK Seriously!! That is AWESOME! Did it work? Did Matt have nightmares?? LOL!

kidding...right? said...

I love to ask my kids about their art work. I love it when their preschool teachers would write down what the child said the pictures was. Our kids have come home with some funny stuff.
Charlyce