my blog title explained:

It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

I know it's freaky...



It's Jessica's room and it always looks like this. I don't clean it - she does. She's been keeping her room clean since she was 3 years old.

My Aunt Peggy always loved to clean. My cousins called her "the white glove lady". Now whenever my cousins come over to my house and I apologize that it's not all clean, they say, "Tracy, I'm not my mom." I think it's quite possible that Jessica got that "clean gene". I really do believe that the need to clean is in our genetic code. We either have it or we don't.

Mine mutated after having kids.

But Jessica's gene is still pristine and I have to wonder - what would happen if I turned her loose on the house. Would it all look like this?

Hmmm - maybe that's something I need to consider.

3 comments:

Alison Hall said...

Seriously girl. Do you think you could spare her for a couple of hours to come and have a go and my house?? Pleeeeeeaaase???

Annie said...

Can we clone her?

Kristin said...

I know there are child labor laws, but I have 4 bathrooms she could get started on.