my blog title explained:

It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's either blog or do the dishes.... three guesses on what I picked

Okay. So I know the dishes will still be there when I'm done, but I've never claimed that I didn't love to procrastinate. When I was young, my parents considered the verb a bad word. I've come to see it as "give me a little pressure and I'll perform better". I never could sell my parents on the concept. They always disagreed with me.

Kind of like my 10th grade English teacher. We had to write these essays once a week on the reading assignment. There was one week when I hadn't read the assignment, so I wrote an essay on why we should be able to write an essay on the assigned reading or make up our own topic and be graded on our content and grammatical quality. I got an F on that essay, even though it was written exceptionally well. He didn't like my concept, either.

Not sure where I'm going with all this. But I got out of doing the dishes for a good half hour. (I had a phone call in there, too.)

7 comments:

Crystal said...

totally guilty! Last minute is just my thing.

Della Hill said...

My mom had a cross stitch on the wall that said "If it weren't for the last minute a lot of things wouldn't get done".
And I particularly like the quote "The early bird gets the worm, but the late mouse gets the cheese".
Also: "Procrastination is a very great sin, it brings to me much sorrow. I really ought to give it up. I think I'll start tomorrow."
(I'm a bit of a procrastinator too).
I love your essay idea.
I had a great high school english teacher. She would have at least given you credit for the essay, even if not the reading assignment.
-Della

Annie said...

You crack me up!

DAYTONA 5220 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DAYTONA 5220 said...

Hi Tracy,

Your posts are always enjoyable. This last one is truly a captivating literary delight.
You know when I am encumbered with a plethora of mundane tasks and don’t know where to begin…..
I fire up the lawn mower and give it a whirl around the yard. The smell of gasoline and burnt oil fires me right up. You should try it sometime. It is very liberating and will give your husband quite a surprise. Let me know how it works for you.

Daytona 5220

Tracy said...

DAYTONA 5220 - what's a lawnmower?