my blog title explained:

It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Flip Off

So I'm wasting a little time this morning. I don't count reading blogs and doing a little blogging of my own wasting time. I DO, however, count when I'm looking around for nothing in particular because I don't want to get my butt up out of my seat and get in the shower. So, YES, I was wasting a little time this morning when I heard my kids talking and laughing, "Now let me flip YOU off." "NO! THIS is how you flip someone off." "Here's a BETTER flip off!"

The other night I was out on a corner with "Yes on Prop 8" signs. We got a few flip offs, F-words, and other curses, so my first thought was, "WHAT are they saying???"

So I look over (YES they were in the same room with me, but I can COMPLETELY block them out when I want to) and they were physically flipping each other off the couch, instructing each other on how to improve "THE FLIPOFF".

...off to the shower now.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

So innocent..(sigh)

Amanda said...

I'm sorry I had to laugh. This is totally one of those kid stories that you'll have to talk about around the dinner table one Thanksgiving day w/their spouses.

It's scary how this world really can influence our babies :(

Alison Hall said...

LOL!! Loving it!

Gosfam said...

that is seriously funny, it could have been bad :) i saw the tag, I am out of town and will do it as soon as I get back, I promise :)