my blog title explained:

It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Food Storage Gone Wrong

Did you know...

1. #10 cans of fruit can explode.
2. When they do, they look like someone put a straw in them and blew them up until there were no edges. ANYWHERE.
3. When they explode, the liquid sprays the entire inside of your cupboard.
4. Then it runs down the sides, past all the shelves, and pools at the bottom.
5. If you don't catch it soon enough, it all hardens into a hard carmel-like substance.
6. And it starts to SMELL. BADLY.
7. When you move the cans, they start making a hissing sound. Like the air hoses that you use to put air in your tires.
8. If you don't think before you move them, you spray your whole kitchen.
9. You have to take a ton of breaks during cleaning because the smell is GROSS.
10. You may never be able to eat peaches again.

3 comments:

melissabastow said...

That is horrible. I will never be able to look at canned peaches the same...

Anonymous said...

yikes will have to be very careful that sound gross!

Della Hill said...

I am so grateful that I was able to learn this lesson from you, instead of having to learn it first hand.
You'd better not eat those peaches.
Can you say food poisoning?
(Sorry it happened, but it made a great, funny post).
-Della