...said my mom when we were talking about Thanksgiving dinner and all the people who are coming to my house next Thursday.
me: No.... money's kind of tight right now.
my mom: Well, who's going to clean your house, then?
me: Um..... me???
my mom: Okay, well at least get the downstairs done.
I'm starting to feel the pressure..... good thing it works for me. :D
my blog title explained:
It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Are you hiring someone to clean your house?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





15 comments:
Wait... Hire someone???
What in the heck did I have kids for?!
(Only joking... kinda...)
Just put those kids to work! ;-D
Happy Thanksgiving,
Rachel
LOL! The kids are Phase 1. After Phase 1, I can do the REAL cleaning. My kids still haven't mastered REAL cleaning. But at least they get the cleaning started, right?
Happy Thanksgiving right back at ya!!!
Well, if your mom feels that way, I'd ask HER to hire someone for you. :)
Good luck with the cleaning! That's the most stressful part of the holidays, in my opinion.
Tracy, by the time you have time to clean (kids bigger or of out of the house )you find other things to do that you couldn't do while you were raising your kids and finally, housework is not a priority as much as it used to be...but you just keep doing it because...it never ends...I have a friend who used to clean houses because she loved it...wonder what she's doing the next few days ???
LOL - yeah, I need your friend's number!
ITA, Lara! Cleaning is the hardest part of the holidays!
I'm not sure which is worse: cleaning before the company comes, or cleaning up after the company leaves.
Oh, man. I feel your pain! I am trying to get my house in order for company. People are going to start arriving tomorrow night (16 people by the big day) and I am still arm pit deep in filth!
I suggested to my mom that once they got here, they would be in charge of cleaning the space that they would be living in while at my house. I thought it was a marvelous idea!
It's my dream to have someone clean my house on a regular basis!
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!
just found your blog. hope you don't mind that i make myself at home and leave a little comment.
wouldn't it be great if the budget allowed for a permanent housekeeper/ nanny/ errand-runner/ foot massager?
Ohhh I sooooo want a housekeeper. Wouldn't that be grand?
Girl - therein lies the advantages to moving to Florida and having to down-size in house! Less to clean. I find my master closet is my best line of defense (all of my stacks of crap hide out in there and have their own party) Good luck! Remember how clean our apartment was back in the days of singlehood?
Yeah - I think of that all the time. When it was so easy to keep it clean. All that clean space.....Ahhhhh........don't wake me!!!!!
thats funny. i had to come check you out. i just blogged you on my site. it was too funny for me to keep to myself. thanks. i think it is really cool what you are doing. i blog in layers as well. one private, one should be, and the one that you have been too. i am queen of blog fatalities, commenting on peoples blog with my psuedo, alternate ego. I got a kick out of you coming back. thanks for the comments. take care. (let me know if you don't like me outing myself and naming you in the process.) ♥
Hey Tracy, so good luck with that! I tagged you on my blog, I was supposed to tell you that. Ciao!
do we have the same mother!? mine would totally say that!
invite her over to clean!
:-)
Post a Comment