my blog title explained:

It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

I Feew Wike a Woman!

At first, I couldn't think of anything to post about, but then I remembered that on Thursday I was driving home with just my 4 yr. old in the car. And Shania Twain came on the radio. Savannah LOVES "I Feel Like a Woman" so she was singing along. Only she doesn't quite have her L's down yet. So it came out, "I feew wike a woman!"

Needless to say - HILARIOUS being belted out of the mouth of a 4 year old.

*********************

Tonight we were working on Wyatt's 3-D model of his latest research project - a wild animal. He chose to learn about the king cobra. So I had this great idea that we could get small paper cups and stack them loosely with wire in the middle and form it into the shape of the snake, using parts of paper plates for the flaring thing. Then we'd modge podge black crepe paper onto it.

It was great in theory...... Practical application? Not so much.

It's kind of a tricky thing. And since it's due on Monday, we couldn't nix it and come up with something else at the last minute. I guess that's what I get for procrastinating. Matt and I had to help with the modge podging because it was a little more complicated than we expected. Matt kept saying, "I better get an A on this!"

But it does look really cool! I'll post a picture of it when it's done.

5 comments:

Lara Neves said...

I love my little ones singing along, or just catching them singing. Their funny understandings of lyrics, or just mispronunciations always give me a kick!

melissabastow said...

My 5 year old is a big fan of Pat Benatar. I tell you, these girls have good taste.

kidding...right? said...

My dad thought up a great science fair project for me when I was in 4th grade. I think my parents ended up doing the whole thing. It was the same type of theory vs. practical application thing.
Post pictures of the snake. My kids would love to see it.

AnnieBlogs said...

Hey, I work with www.mochaclub.org, a non-profit that works in Africa. I saw that you were on the NaBloPoMo list, and we'd love for you to blog about our new campaign on Nov. 24th. The campaign is centered around this idea – at Mocha Club, we have always cared about building an accurate perception of both the challenges that Africans face, and the BEAUTY of Africa. We need bloggers to help get the word out. Please email our director at barrett[at]mochaclub[dot]org if you would be interested in hearing the details!

Crystal said...

I always wonder if these teachers really think that the kids do these projects...you always see a tired parent who has stayed up all night trying to finish it!! LOL...It's like being in school again