my blog title explained:

It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Friday, January 16, 2009

When earth and hell conspire against you, remember you have friends...

I was thinking about a friend today and how someone was mean to her. This phrase went through my head and I just had to blog it.

I am grateful for friends because they make us feel better about ourselves. Friends share their embarrassments so that we're less embarrassed about our own flops. Friends smile at us when they see us in the hall. Friends don't worry about not smiling when everything is going wrong. Friends crack a joke at the most inappropriate time, just because they know we REALLY need the laugh. Friends share a special story that touches our hearts and comforts us. Friends give us a hug. Friends watch our kids in a bind. Friends let us see their messy kitchens. Friends let us see their messy houses. Friends let us see their messy kids. Friends ignore our irritability. Friends listen to us vent.

Friends make it all worthwhile.

6 comments:

anderson.fam said...

Amen to that Sista!

in time out said...

this is amazing. Thanks for sharing it. I need a friend like that. very cool. i actually need to be a friend like that. that is what I meant. okay. have a happy day.

Mena said...

well said!

Shauna said...

Hope you have a beautiful weekend! ♥ Hugs :)

Victoria said...

Very sweet. It is important to have a friend with whom you share a closet pact. You know the one... if I should die unexpectedly, she has vowed to go to my house, bag up and remove all the unspeakably embarrassing mess that comprises my walk-in closet before someone from the relief society can see it.

And vice versa :)

Nonna said...

Beautiful !