my blog title explained:

It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Someone Stop My Head!!! It Keeps Spinning!!!

I'm wondering if I publicly admit that I'm neurotic, if I'll feel less stressed. I actually Googled the signs of a nervous breakdown the other day because I wanted to see if I was going to have one. I have about half of the symptoms, but the fact that I keep working out and that I'm calling friends and still want to be social apparently means I'm still sane.

It seems that the more stressed I get, the more little stupid things bug the crap out of me. Not sure exactly where I was going with this thought, so I'll just leave it at that.

We went down to the beach for a few days. We don't get the channel that plays The Dog Whisperer here at home, but it was on cable down at the beach and my husband and I watched episode after episode. (I guess they were having some marathon or something.) There was this dog that had experienced some trauma and then the owner had a laser pointer and was playing with the dog, having the dog chase the laser light. And ever since, the dog is always frantically looking around for the illusive light.

Cesar Millan said the dog was neurotic. I guess that's why the word has been on my mind. I'm not calling myself a dog. But I keep seeing that dog frantically running around, looking all over the place, and I feel like that sometimes. Most of the time. A lot lately. But I don't think I'm talking to myself yet, so I think that's another sign that my sanity is intact. Also, there are no voices in my head.

Yet.

And I don't sleep all the time.....another sign that a nervous breakdown is not in my immediate future.

.....maybe I just need more sleep????

11 comments:

Melissa said...

You just need a stiff drink.....oh wait, we don't drink. Bummer. Hang in there girl!

Shauna said...

L♥ve and Hugs for you!

Tracy said...

Thanks, Melissa & Shauna! :)

I'm going to be feeling better by tomorrow! :D

Nonna said...

Life can be a roller coaster alright...you're O.K., you just need to be good to yourself and forget all the worry! LOL

Annie said...

We need a night out with the girls!

Alison Hall said...

Ditto to Annie's comment!!! I feel a girls night coming...

Mimi Sue said...

Nice to meet you Tracy. You girls seem to have a lot of fun together. My friend Kay and I regularly schedule our nervous breakdowns. Usually about every six months or so. We stay in our jammies all day, don't do anything we don't want to do, and eat junk food from the 7-11. It's great but it's harder to do when you have kids at home. Mimi

Crystal said...

Tracy you do such a great job with everything! It is actually nice to hear that someone that seems so put together has breakdowns here and there! It makes me seem more normal. Just hang in there and cling to the chocolate for a few days!

Girls night out would help too...I'm in!.. if your doin one!

Tracy said...

Thank you to all of you for making me smile. I'm so lucky to have such sweet friends!

Victoria said...

Hi Tracy! Thanks for visiting my blog:) I love yours... especially the title and explanation. Once upon a time when I had five little boys under 8 years old, and I was struggling to get to church on time, I got into the car in a huff. I turned to my darling husband and said, "Next week, why don't I sit in the car and honk and you can get the kids ready for church?"

It didn't go over very big, but here we still are, after 25 years and 7 kids. And he knows better than to honk:)

RSM Text Factor Gurus said...

You can always get more sleep. I know I have needed a ton lately..sort of a post Christmas nap! Take a nap, everything is better with one.