my blog title explained:

It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Oh, The Blessed Quiet

I checked - it's not a church hymn. I'm pretty sure that if it was, it would be sung in Relief Society.

Yes, the kids are back at school. It's quiet. And I almost don't know what to do with myself! Note that I said "almost". I was just talking to my sister and her kids don't go back to school for another week. They were whining and crying and I could hear them over the phone. I told her they were killing my "high". And then I promptly got off the phone.

I know. Bad sister.

So. 2009. The last year before I turn 40. *GASP* I really can't believe it!

I have ONE goal for this year, and that is to be more balanced, and thus less stressed. That's my goal and I'm sticking to it!!!!

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

There is no way you are gunna be forty!!! Serioulsy I think you need to check your birth certificate because...giiiirrl...you no look it!! Balance is a great goal...I think I'll steal it for myself.

Thanks for all you do and for dinner...it really took a load off.

Loralee and the gang... said...

One more week! Poor thing! My kids got out for Christmas break 2 days early because of all the snow. They went back yesterday, but are home again today, because of all the snow. Something about not wanting children inside in case the roof collapses. Why the heck do they build AnyThing with a flat roof in north Idaho?
:D

Melissa said...

Ha! You should know better than to call friends with little ones while you are smoking the "peace pipe" (you know I mean that in the most non "pass the joint" kind of way) So that excludes me from your list of phone calls for the day....or the next 2 years (which is what I have until Brooke starts school!) Have a great day!

Della Hill said...

Hooray for school!
I couldn't wait to get them out the door on Monday.
I don't know how I'm going to get through summer break. But I'm trying not to think about it yet.
I'm just glad they are there now.
-Della

Annie said...

That sounds great... all kids in school. Yeah that won't be me until 2015 or so...