my blog title explained:

It's what I often say to my husband. Especially when he's frustrated that I'm running late for church. There comes a time when certain happenings just shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Why I've been a flake the last two weeks....


This is what I've been doing the last two weeks. I've been making pickles, olives, and croutons. I sold them in a boutique last year and sold out. I was given the opportunity to sell in the boutique again this year and I expected that I would have a successful day. However, this year, we had a lot less traffic, so I have a bunch of product left over.

I made Onion Pickles (like old fashioned bread and butter pickles), Mui Caliente Fire & Ice Pickles (super hot & sweet), Fire & Ice Pickles (hot & sweet), Fire & Ice Relish (super spicy sweet relish), Garlic Olives, and Garlic Croutons. I sold the olives and relish for $8.00, the pickles for $7.00, and the croutons for $3.00.

I would do a giveaway, but I can't mail them because they're canned in glass jars full of liquid and perishable. So now I guess I have Christmas gifts for all those I would otherwise have made baked goods for. Hope they like pickles and olives.......

P.S...........Tomorrow I'm going to post about my daughter's baptism. So my life hasn't only been about pickles and olives the last couple weeks. We had Thanksgiving and family visiting and my daughter's birthday, so it's been a full couple of weeks. But today was all about pickles and olives......thus this post. :D

2 comments:

Nonna said...

You haven't been a flake, you've just been super busy...good for you on the canning...I'm impressed ! There are going to be some very happy people that get you homemade goodies for Christmas !

Mammamia said...

Wow. That's impressive. I'm sorry there wasn't more traffic for you this year. At least some gifts got checked off in the process. And congratulations on your daughter's baptism. What a special time.